4.04.2009

Lazy days

Oh how I love lazy days. You know - the ones where there is absolutely nothing on the schedule - you get to relax and do whatever your little heart desires. Well, if I'm lucky, I get one every couple weeks, which isn't too bad. That one day is something I look forward to more than a lot of other things. Don't get me wrong, my personality is one that requires the go-go-go lifestyle, and I enjoy those things that keep us ever so busy. However, I can't deny how nice it is and very much needed to have a day here and there when you can just "aaahhhhh" - breathe! So what do I do on days such as these? Like I said - whatever I want.

Here is what a perfect lazy day for me might look like - minus the hubby. (It's a snapshot of a day when Brett is busy with work, baseball or golf. If he's around, this day looks completely different, and even more wonderful, because not only would it be a lazy day, but a lazy day with my husband. It couldn't be much better than that).

* When I wake up, it's not to my alarm, but rather because I've gotten all the sleep I need and I'm simply not tired any more. Preferrably, the clock would read somewhere between 8:30 and 9:30am. (oh and the sun is out - not a cloud in the sky).

* Time to curl up on the couch (still in my pajamas) with a nice hot cup of coffee, a blanket, and a good book. Here's what I'm currently reading

* An extra long shower, no rush to get my hair and make-up done, and plenty of time to pick out a comfy, but super cute outfit.

* A little outing that might include stops at Craft Warehouse, Tuesday Morning, Goodwill (maybe I'll find a treasure or two), Ross and of course Target - don't worry, I won't go crazy. I just get a few things that are super on sale and are a great addition to my home or wardrobe. Some of my previous finds include a $7 mirror, $2 candle and $4 candlestick all from Ross, and $4 frames from Tuesday Morning, all pictured below.

* Back home for some lunch and maybe even a little cat nap while watching HGTV - something that isn't really "allowed" when Brett is home.

* Blog surfing (particularly on blogs that have to do with crafting or decorating) so I can get some good inspiration - and satisfy my guilty pleasure of blog stalking. While surfing, I found this adorable idea. We don't have a family yet, so therefore no "Family Rules," but this little gem of an idea is something I will definitely keep in mind for the future. Such a fun and creative idea for a kids play room or even a family room.

and last, but not least - because it's just a part of who I am,

*straightening and cleaning up the house until Brett gets home. Mainly using this bad boy of a dustbuster. I love this thing and Brett will confirm that it was by far my favorite wedding gift. I know, I know - I'm SO cool.


lazy day . . . I await you!

No comments: