10.07.2009

15 and Fall

Fall is here and I'm loving it. Typically I only love the fall in Salem for about a month or two. And then . . . the rain starts. And I count down the days until the sun shows itself again. For now though, I'm enjoying it. I spent last Friday enjoying fall to the max. I started off the morning with a pumpkin spice latte and a walk in the park with a good friend, followed by sweater shopping at Old Navy and a new haircut. Nothing says fall like pumpkin spice latte's and sweaters.

Tomorrow I'll be 15 weeks along in my pregnancy...almost half way there. I have another appointment next Thursday and then the appointment after that (which will be at 20 weeks) is when we find out what "it" is. He or She?? As of now, I have a feeling "it's" a girl. For no reason other than a feeling. Brett's feeling is definitely a boy - of course. But I have no doubt that if it's a girl, he'll be wrapped around her little finger as soon as she arrives. We'll find out either way in just 5 weeks! Here's the baby belly at 15 weeks (okay, 14 weeks and 6 days to be exact).

Hope you're all enjoying this fall season...

6 comments:

lyndsey said...

Ok I'm going to be gone for your appointment right? I think I'll still be in Chicago so you'll have to let me know. PS I'm the really good friend right? Thought so.

I think it's boy. Let's bet like they do in Friends. Except they're betting on due dates...we could do that too. I'm calling you next Thursday. Actually...you shouldn't know the sex because then nothing is going to stop you from buying things.

Kari said...

Lynds - Yes, you are the good friend. :) Also, I think you misunderstood. My appointment next Thursday is just a regular checkup. The appointment after that one is when we find out the sex. Which isn't until 20 weeks...so not for another 5 weeks. It will be the week after we get back from Hawaii. So yeah...
But you can call me next Thursday anyway. :)

also, i'm happy to take bets. so as of now there are 3 bets total: 2for a boy (you and Brett) and 1 for a girl (me). anyone else want to join in on the fun?

Unknown said...

I want to join I want to join! By looking at the belly it looks like it almost might be a boy...boys just carry low. However, mom's always know best. Oh gosh now I have to choose. Ok...girl! Or boy...no girl. There now its 2 against 2!

lyndsey said...

Ohhhhhhh....

Anonymous said...

you are so cute w/ your baby bump! sounds like your fall has been spectacular so far! love the sweater sleeve on the coffee cup. :) i think you're right about brett. my brother thought it was a boy on his first one too, and was disappointed when they found out it was a girl. now? he's absolutely smitten w/ his little princess and doesn't even want a boy now that they're having a second - because he loves having a girl so much! :)

Jayme said...

We thought both of our little girls were boys..........=] I thought I wanted a boy the first time and Nolan did the second. We LOVE our little girls. Nolan is so wrapped. =] Cute little baby bump. (Do you know where to get a cute sweater sleeve like that?)