For above the crib, I found this super cute "cherish" sign at Ross for only $3.99 (can't beat that) and wanted to pair it with 3 frames that will be filled with our little guy's adorableness (is that even a word?) once he arrives. I already had some black frames at home that will definitely work, but then I found these 3 other frames (each was less than $6!!) and thought that maybe the different colored/textured frames would make things a little more interesting to look at. ??? Thoughts ??? Is it too much? Which combination of frames do you like better?

For above the dresser, I found 3 AWESOME old prints at Spencer's Alley here in Salem (for those of you who enjoy decorating and good deals, if you haven't been there, you should definitely go...it's my new favorite place) and then purchased some cheapo black frames from IKEA. Along with the 3 prints, I created an ABC sheet on Microsoft Word with our little guy's name included in it, and I love the way it turned out.
Here are some close-ups of each of the prints:


Aren't they cool? Not to mention perfect for a little boy! They make me smile.
We still have a couple big projects to tackle, including painting our changing table and rocking chair, but other than that we're moving right along! Only 2 months to go...


8 comments:
Hi Kari,
I LOVE your progress; it's been so fun to see your plans. I'm praying for you, as I pray for Amy too. You both are so close. I am excited for you. You'll be a great mom. As I see my two get bigger...I am excited for the joys you'll get to experience.
I love the frames. When doing a frame mural it works best, I've found, to do odd number of frames in different directions. It looks like you only have 1 frame that isn't black? You might want to either make it black or switch out another one to be a different color too? Anyway. Looks great.
Love,
Anna (Davis) Kintigh
www.kintighfam.blogspot.com
http://bananasanddamaskinteriors.blogspot.com
I like the blue with the all black frames! That would be great to incorporate some red and white that you have from the mobile. Looks like a very nice nursery for Wyatt!!! Awesome name choice that you and Brett picked out. Enjoy this time getting the nursery decorated. If you are free...I am in Salem on Thursday nights for class and I would enjoy saying hi.
thanks, girls.
kathleen...i would love to see you when you're in town...either before or after your class. what about next thursday?
love it Kari. Glad that you are getting things up on the wall! Doesn't that feel so good? I can't decide which grouping of frames I like. My semetrical brain says the black ones are apealing to the eye but my ecclectic brain likes the all different frames. Maybe you should just throw some hot yellow in there to be eccentric! :) Now...just to fill them with sweet pictures! ooohh I can't wait. See you in a few days! Do you realize we have seen each other like seven times in 6 months...pretty good for living in two different states! :) Bring your other project with you and I will help you shop for it and tackle it with you!
Next Thursday the 11th? I would be available....I have class at 6....I normally make it down by 5. Just let me know.
The nursery looks so cute! I love your crib! I think that both collages of frames look good, but I kind of like the sign with the different colored frames the best, but you know what it will look like on the wall with the rest of the room, so I am sure it will look great with either! So excited for you!!!
I LOVE the ABC sheet with his name! What a great idea! Love the name too :)
I love both sets of frames. I think because you have all black frames above the dresser, it would be fun to mix it up with the sign. =)
Post a Comment