2.27.2011

best. weekend. EVER

feb 081


I was tempted to just post this picture and leave it at that, but there was just too much good to share...

We had an amazing weekend. Everyone was able to be together, including Grandma Oda, and it honestly couldn't have been better. As I mentioned in my previous post, we've had a lot of people show their love and support, but last weekend, we were absolutely blown away by a particular family's generosity. They went away for the weekend & offered up their AMAZING home for us to stay at. And when I say "amazing", I mean "should be in a magazine or on MTV cribs or something to that nature" sort of amazing. I wish I would've taken pictures of all the rooms (7 bedrooms,8 bathrooms, play room, living room, dining room, entertainment room, kitchen, craft room...and i'm pretty sure i'm missing a couple more rooms). But here's a picture of the beautiful outside.

feb 017


Sara was feeling good all weekend, which was a HUGE answer to prayer. We were able to enjoy each other's company, eat A LOT of food, play games, play in the snow, take nice, long showers in a shower bigger than our entire master bathroom, watch movies, and celebrate Sara receiving her college diploma!

feb 056

feb 059

One of the greatest parts of the whole weekend (besides Sara getting her diploma) was the Swenson Family Trivia game. Sara was the hostess and all the in-law spouses were the participants. Kim, Brady & Brett were required to answer questions (asked by Sara) about the Swenson family. The winner, who ended up being Brady, received a cash prize from Sara. No joke. :) It was pretty hilarious seeing how much our spouses did, or in some cases, didn't know about our family. This is what Brett would hold up whenever he didn't know the answer. Apparently, he felt as though I was not a good coach.

feb 085

My face is saying, "if only you would've listened." Ah well...we tried.

Wyatt received quite a bit of attention (imagine that) and spent some good quality time with his Aunt Sara. They have such a special bond that I am so thankful for.

feb 039


feb 030

None of us wanted to leave. We kept talking about how great it would be if we could all just quit our lives and move into this house together. As I've said many times, I am so thankful for my family and the love that abounds for each other.

These will be memories that last a life time.


feb 077


feb 082


feb 054


feb 019

feb 024


feb 069

5 comments:

T.J. & Becca Wuth said...

Your family takes the best pictures!! The cross-eyed one of you 3 girls is my fav (aside from the family stairs pic). Sara looks like a million bucks, and I love the hats she wears. What a beauty!

I wish Wyatt and Rusty lived closer together. I am quite sure they could find lots of mischief to make together.

Glad you guys had such an amazing time together as a family. Know that you are all in our prayers!

Love, Becca

Tyler and Aubrey said...

this just made my heart so happy to read!

jamie k said...

this post makes me so happy. i especially love that picture of your parents with wyatt.

great, great pictures!

Unknown said...

glad you capitalized A LOT of food...i think i gained 10 lbs...

let's go back! :)

Brittany Mader said...

Beautiful Pictures, Kari! Thank you for sharing!! You have a lovely family!